Drivers must be over 25 years old with a Ontario G drivers license. Must have at least 6 years of consecutive driving experience in your own car before getting into ours. To enjoy driving locally and long distances. This position requires control, multi-tasking, superior organizational skills, honesty, strong leadership skills, and the ability to work independently. Retirees are always welcome.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED : Prior wheelchair or van driver, bus driver, truck driver, taxi driver, home health aid or related experience preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Basic understanding of computers including Internet, e-mail use and basic math skills.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a neat appearance, and superb customer service skills.
- Part-time schedule-must be able to work flexible hours to include work availability for weekdays, holidays, and evenings.
- Provide friendly, professional customer service interactions between the driver and the customer.
- Must be able to perform routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize logical and efficient schedules and routes and adapt to changes.
- Must have basic computer skills and basic general knowledge of Lambton, Perth, and Huron County roads and be able to follow GPS instructions.
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand a map.
- Maintains records, logs, and schedules of the calls received from fares dispatched, fares collection, and customer cancellations or no-shows.
- Manage timely service by maintaining awareness of open runs and upcoming late trips, making adjustments as necessary.
- Accurately prepares reports on all activities occurring during their shifts or as requested.
- To be able to follows rules and regulations of the company, follows instructions of management and supervisors.
- Handles passengers personal property left in the vehicles in accordance to Lost and Found procedures.
- Ability to assist handicapped passengers when needed, and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.