Our call centre operators have a primary position to dispatch vehicles and drivers to meet our customers transportation needs, while delivering the highest level of quality customer service. This position requires control, multi-tasking, superior organizational skills, honesty, strong leadership skills and pleasant phone demeanor. All ages may apply.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED : Taxi dispatchers, office workers, customer service workers, 911 operators, call centre operators or related experience preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, a neat appearance, and superb customer focus.
- Part-time schedule-must be able to work flexible hours to include work availability for weekdays, holidays, and evenings.
- Must be able to perform routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have basic computer skills and basic general knowledge of Lambton, Perth, and Huron County areas.
- Clear speech and pleasant phone demeanor.
- Reviews manifests provided; schedules and dispatches drivers.
- Accurately enter information into designated software, as instructed.
- Fill open runs or make driver or trip reassignments to ensure timely service.
- Ability to use a multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Manages On Time Performance by maintaining awareness of open runs and upcoming late trips; making adjustments as necessary.
- Maintains records, logs, and schedules of the calls received to schedule transit services, drivers dispatched, fare collection, and customer cancellations or no-shows.
- Accurately prepares reports on all activities occurring during their shifts or as requested.
- Directs drivers through telephone contact and follow procedures with drivers, and reports of incidents.
- Follows rules and regulations of the company and follows instructions of management and supervisors.
- Provides transit information to passengers as needed (Providing friendly, professional customer service interaction; answers calls from clients and schedule services).
- Handles passengers personal property left in the vehicles in accordance to Lost and Found procedures.
- Properly record driver absences, late arrivals, early departures.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Communicates with Scheduling, Reservations, Operations to ensure service provision.
- Maintains confidentiality of passenger’s information.
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand a map, and have basic typing skills.